The Faculty of Science at Al-Qasemi Academic College of Education held the first international online conference on “Applied Research and Science Education” on Monday June 8, 2020.
The conference was attended by various researchers, lecturers, school inspectors, principals, doctoral students, and others from the fields of science.
The deputy president of Al-Qasemi Academic College of Education Prof. Anwar Rayan, and the Academic Dean Dr. Qutaiba Igbariya welcomed the participants, and emphasized the importance of sustaining such academic activities and adopting new thinking styles in the light of the current situation.
The introduction speech was delivered by Dr. Abeer Wattad – Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Science, who also talked about MOOC courses in the 21st century.
The first session entitled “Applied Research” included three lectures:
- Prof. Anwar Rayan – Deputy President of Al-Qasemi Academic College of Education delivered a lecture on: “From a Researcher’s Table: Plants, Medicine, and What in Between”.
- Dr. Mazyad Falah – Researcher at the Western Galilee Hospital and a lecturer at the College of Medicine delivered a lecture on: “Tissue Engineering in Regenerative Medicine”.
- Prof. Saleh Abu Lafi – Professor of Pharmaceutical Analysis at Al-Quds University delivered a lecture on: “Automated Analysis of Medicinal Plants and the Desired Benefit: Thyme and Honey as a model.”
The second session entitled “Innovative Methods in Science Education” included four lectures:
- Dr. Waleed Al-Basha – Lecturer and researcher at An-Najah National University delivered a lecture on: “The Problem-Based Learning Mechanism (PBL) as a method for developing 21st century skills”.
- Dr. Sari Assli – Researcher at the Galilee Society Institute for Applied Research delivered a lecture on: “Employing an Image in the Teaching Process”.
- Dr. Iyad Dkeidek – Lecturer at Al-Qasemi Academic College of Education delivered a lecture on: “Science Education in the 21st Century: Between Existing and Desired”.
- Mrs. Lina Ganaiem – Lecturer at Al-Qasemi Academic College of Education presented a study that addresses an innovative educational approach to teaching science to enhance the concept of "life" for school students.